Successful Sutton is giving visitors, residents and workers a chance to find out more about the fascinating history of the town centre by introducing a series of free guided history walks.
The tours will cover the origins and development of the town, stories of bygone times in Sutton, and the features of some of the historic buildings. These free walks will take place on Wednesdays at 3pm and 5.30pm from August 14th to September 25th and will last for about 1 1/4 hours. The meeting point is at the top of the High Street, by the crossroads at the sign of the Cock, just outside Barclays and Caffé Nero.
Ross Feeney, Chief Executive of Successful Sutton said, “Sutton town centre has a fascinating history that we should be proud of. We want these guided walks to help people learn about the town and see all that it has to offer today. The walk will also be useful to employers who want their staff to learn about Sutton.”
Discover the history of Sutton from Domesday Book to the present day every:
- Tours last approx 90 mins.
- Arrive early as spaces are limited to 20.
- We meet at the top of the high street, by the crossroads at the sign of the cock, just outside Barclays and Caffe Nero.
- Tours are limited to 20 people, please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Visitors in wheel chairs are welcome to join our tours.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are not allowed on tours – with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Please bring appropriate clothing/footwear for inclement weather conditions.