Successful Sutton is giving visitors, residents and workers a chance to find out more about the fascinating history of the town centre by offering another series of free guided historic walks. Join Chas Bailey, a London Blue Badge Tourist Guide, on an award winning historic tour of Sutton town centre.
The tours will cover the origins and development of the town, from its first mention in the Domesday Book to the present day. These free walks will take place every Thursday from May 7th to August 27th at 3pm and 5.30pm. The meeting point is at the top of the High Street, by the crossroads, just outside Barclays and Caffé Nero.
In addition, discover the architectural secrets of the Sutton’s south end with our new Sunday Strolls, running at 2pm and again at 4.30pm, on 24th May, 14th June, 26th July, 16th August. The meeting point is the same as above.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes
- No need to book, just turn up – tours are limited to 20 people, please arrive early.
- Visitors in wheel chairs are welcome to join our tours.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are not allowed on tours – with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Please bring appropriate clothing/footwear for inclement weather conditions.