SUTTON IS SAFE, BUT WE WANT TO MAKE IT FEEL EVEN SAFER
Sutton boasts some of the lowest crime rates in London. Successful Sutton will help maintain this hard-won position, concentrating on those crimes that cause real problems for local businesses while improving the perception of safety for Sutton’s visitors, shoppers and employees.
The BID will seek to improve partnership working between businesses and other agencies involved in the reduction of crime. It will ensure that businesses are fully supported and equipped with the appropriate technology.
We will be…
- Managing, supporting and improving the town centre radio scheme. Subsidising radios to encourage wider take up
- Strengthening a Crime Partnership between Safer Sutton Partnership Service, Town Centre Partnership, Business Crime Reduction Partnership and the BID company
- Increasing the number of night time street pastors, and helping fund street pastor initiatives
- Enhancing the Pub Watch scheme under the crime partnership
- Introducing Shop Watch initiatives for retailers
- Providing safer night time travel information to businesses opening late